Monday, October 25, 2010

IVF Update and Vote for Izzy! :)

So, the last time I talked about my IVF treatment, I had a blighted ovum, after which, I couldn't talk about it any more than I could bear (and I couldn't bear talking about anything related to it). So I stopped talking about it altogether. It's been 7 months since, and I guess time really does lessen wounds. I still think about Onde Onde at times. Was it a boy or a girl? And if I hadn't miscarried it, would I be delivering it soon? Thoughts like that; you just have to remind yourself yet again to bite down the pain and move on. With enough practice, the pain gradually becomes more and more bearable (although I don't think it'll ever go away completely).

Anyway, after Onde Onde, I decided to go with another doctor (who came highly recommended). I reckoned if it hadn't worked out with the current one for the past 4 years (what with 7 rounds of drug therapy, 3 rounds of artificial insemination, and 3 rounds of IVF), I might be better off with someone else; especially after I've read that the embryo transfer skill does make a difference in one's IVF result.

Unfortunately, the past 2 cycles with the new doctor didn't work out as well. The first cycle, he harvested 7 eggs, none of which became embryos. The second cycle, out of the 8 eggs that he collected, an embryo did develop. It died just before it was placed in me. I didn't give it a name.

So, that's my IVF update. For now, we're taking it easy. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, we can't do anything about it. The dude up there has his own timing. Who am I to rush Him?

Before I sign off, would like to ask everyone who's on my FB to vote for my goddaughter (if you haven't already done so). Izzy is participating in some cutest baby contest for the month of Nov. To vote, just log on to FB and follow the steps below:

1) Go to Embassy of Babies' main page and hit the 'like' button.

Here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Embassy-of-Babies/128075894224

2) Then go to Isabelle Kimberly Kwan-Chong's photo and hit the 'like' button to vote for her!

Here's the 2nd link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=295770&id=128075894224#!/photo.php?fbid=500442914224&set=a.500442564224.295770.128075894224


Remember, for your vote to count, you must 'like' 2 things.

1) The main page of Embassy of Babies.
2) Isabelle's photo.

Thanks everyone! :)

xoxo.

No comments: