Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So, all three IUI cycles did not come to fruition. Laura, Lauren and Lauretta all chose a spinster's death, and we were left with the penultimate option - IVF (the last resort being adoption but let's hope we don't have to go there). I don't know how many cycles of IVF I dare venture, though I have psyched myself up for the same number as a good friend of mine who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl after eight IVF attempts. Yes, EIGHT. But why eight? Well, personally, I think eight is a realistic number for me - not too few, yet enough to say that it's enough.

Anyway, I have just started my first cycle which comprises two nasal sprays and an injectible given daily till the ovaries produce at least five to ten reasonably-sized eggs. Then they'll be collected to be fertilised in the lab. Naturally, some will fail to fertilise but for those that did, one of them will be transferred to the uterus while the rest of the embryos will be stored for future cycles if the implanted one did not take.

Okay, insipid IVF talk - checked.

Moving on.

The Gurkhas dinner the other night was pretty good!



I had curry prawns with roti and salad for entree...



...and chicken masala (with rice) for main...



...and a little Cosmo because "Aunty Susan" came a-knocking and said,"Hey, go ahead with the alcohol! You're safe!" :P



But, most of all, what's good food without good company? ;)


No comments: