Friday, November 27, 2009

Leslie.

Perth.

Over. 

Just like that. *snap*

If only time would stop when you're having fun. 


Oh well. There is Singapore and Penang to look forward to. Can't complain, really. 

And
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

there is the second embryo transfer this coming Monday! :) My gynae seems to think that it's okay to go ahead with it despite the thyroid condition (although I'd have to see an endocrinologist soon). 

She also suggested that, if this cycle failed, we should allow the lab to thaw the remaining three embryos (all 2-day-olds), grow them till they're 5-day-olds to "increase their quality" before attempting the third transfer. 

I bravely asked if we should perhaps transfer two embryos to increase the chance of pregnancy and I got the most frightening response from her.

Me: "What do you think if we put two embryos in me if we didn't succeed the third time?"

Gynae: "Your body is not suited to carry twins. You will get a miscarriage."

Just like that. No mincing of words.  Not even 'you might possibly get a miscarriage' or 'there is a chance of miscarriage' or 'I won't recommend as it's too dangerous'. Just 'You WILL get a miscarriage'. Thanks Doc!

Still, I think it's a legit question especially since a close friend of mine always had two embryos transferred throughout her eight IVF attempts,  and a colleague had three embryos put in her. They both gave birth to healthy singletons! I guess I'm not built for that kind of risk.

Anyway, I shall call embryo #2 Leslie (same reason as before - androgynous name!). 


Leslie, will you stay or will you go?  

*nervous*